Dr. Vicki Parker, the owner/director of The Brain Trainer offers public speaking engagement such as giving a group presentation or workshop on topics related to the brain. Dr. Parker speaks year round to diverse groups of people including parents, medical professionals and non-profit organizations. Dr. Parker is able to tailor the presentation or workshop to meet your groups specific needs.
The presentations and workshops last from 30 to 60 minutes, including time for questions, and are available on the following topics:
- Understanding Brain Training – What we do to train your brain and how brain training affects your brain.
- What are the top things to do for a healthy brain? – Discusses the ways you can help (or hurt) your brain health.
- Reading Readiness for Younger Children – Preparing and aiding your child in the beginning stages of reading and beyond.
- Auditory Processing and Dyslexia – Explains not how well you hear but the way your brain processes what it hears and how weak learning skills combine to form dyslexia and other reading struggles.
- ADD/ADHD and the Brain – Is ADD/ADHD just a matter of not sitting still? Find out what’s going on inside the brain when ADD/ADHD is at work and what can be done to overcome this challenge.
- Attention and Sports – Find out how sports and attention (alternating, divided, selective, sustained) contribute to each other and create a better player.
- Brain Training and Autism – Learn how training the attention, processing speed, adaptation and transition skills can lead to an increase of social interaction and a decrease in meltdowns.
- Memory and Attention – Learn how these two skills affect each other and how improving both skills together can improve a majority of your everyday activities.
- Keeping The Brain Sharp As It Ages – Discover that aging is 30% genetics and how to diminish those “Senior Moments” with fun and simple activities.
- Enrichment Skills for Adults –Think you’re too old to retrain your brain? Think again as you learn about the amazing ability of the brain to make new pathways and improve your life at any age.
- Mental Games – These games are simple and fun ways to strengthen your learning skills, like attention, memory, processing speed, and logic and reasoning, often improving 2 to 3 skills at once.
- Learn How To Think Faster – Learn to improve your processing speed (how fast you think) to not only answer those trivia questions on television, but to make better and faster decisions that affect your quality of life.
- Mild Cognitive Impairment – Find out how Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) is more about memory difficulties and learn why this is not the only indicator of dementia.
- What is Normal Aging of the Brain? – Dispel the myths and learn which changes in the brain are normal and which changes in the brain are warning signs to more serious conditions.
- Strokes: The Effects on Language and Speech – Our ability to express ourselves in the complex manner we do is one major way that distinguishes us from other creatures. Learn how a stroke damages our speech areas and what can be done after a stroke affects you or a loved one.
- Dementia – Learn about the signs of dementia and why you shouldn’t be worried about always misplacing your keys.
- Logic and Reasoning: Why I love Puzzles – Find out which games and activities Dr. Parker recommends that work specifically to improve logic and reasoning skills.
- Know your child's strengths. Thinking critically about your child's strengths to move them to use those skills for planning a future.
If you are interested in any of these public speaking engagements, contact us 704-541-1373 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to hear more about our custom pricing and to schedule a presentation or workshop.